Home Sharing Support Society BC
The Home Sharing Support Society BC works collaboratively with a cross-section of the Home Sharing community from across the province. This includes families, people in a home sharing arrangement, providers, those coordinating services, self-advocates, funders and other key community partners.
It’s guiding principles are to promote Home Sharing as a sustainable model, in a culturally responsive and, collaborative way, based on evidence-based approaches.
- Increase public awareness of the home sharing model provincially.
- Support recruitment of home sharing providers from rural and remote locations and culturally under-represented groups.
- Support increased networking, training, and education opportunities for home sharing providers and support workers.
- Support the exploration of potential solutions to the challenges of individual and family wellness supports, and alternate inclusive housing models.
- Strengthening peer-support connections to help prevent isolation and home sharing provider burnout.
Get in touch
The Home Sharing Support Society BC is always looking for collaborations to enhance the quality of services for home sharing. If you want to get involved, have any questions, or anything else, don’t hesitate in reaching out.