Respite plays an important role in the quality and sustainability of Home Sharing. Having predictable, dependable, and reliable respite improves the quality of life for both Home Sharing Providers and the people living in Home Sharing.
The HSSSBC has a mandate to enhance and support the sustainability and quality of Home Sharing and other housing options in the province of BC. We have commissioned Vancouver-based management consulting company, Deetken Insight (“Deetken”), to research and identify options and sustainable solutions to improve respite in Home Sharing. We are working with Deetken collaboratively to develop:
1. A better understanding of the complexities and issues regarding access to respite resources, including funding needs and availability of qualified and suitable respite provider options.
2. A report of options and recommendations that support the sustainability and improvement of respite that will be shared with Community Living BC (CLBC) and other stakeholders.
To ensure that feedback received reflects a range of voices in the Home Sharing community, the research team has developed three separate online surveys for: 1) Agency Home Share Coordinators; 2) Home Share Providers; and 3) Respite Providers.
We are requesting your support in three ways:
1. Please ask your Agency’s Home Share Coordinators to complete the online survey by 28 February 2023. It should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The survey for Home Share Coordinators can be found here Click here: (https://questionnaire.simplesurvey.com/f/l/agency-coordinator). All responses will be confidential.
2. Please distribute the Home Share Provider survey to Home Share Providers in your network for completion online by 28 February 2023. The survey for Home Share Providers click here: (https://questionnaire.simplesurvey.com/f/l/HSP) and should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. All responses will be confidential.
3. Please distribute the Respite Provider survey to Respite Providers in network for completion online by 28 February 2023. The survey click here: (https://questionnaire.simplesurvey.com/f/l/respite) and should take approximately 30 minutes to complete. All responses will be confidential. We would also appreciate if you could ask your Home Share Providers to share the Respite Provider survey with their Respite Provider(s).
We appreciate your support with this important work. If you have any questions, please contact Kristiana Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org) from Deetken or Brianna Otto (email@example.com).